This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Post-secondary degree, in business administration, engineering or related discipline required.
- Master’s degree an asset
- PMP designation an asset, but not a requirement.
- 5 plus years of experience in a Project Manager role, working in an engineering/programmatic environment required
- Experience in the shipbuilding/naval sectors, major international contracts or Defence contracts required; An advantage if the candidates has experience in more than one of the aforementioned areas
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skill
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills; energetic and results-focused
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Reporting to a Deputy Project Director or Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will be part of the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Program team tasked with executing the Definition, and subsequently Implementation Program.
Depending on specific assignment a Project Manager will be accountable for:
- Management of defined work scope;
- Management and oversight of task funding mechanisms;
- Liaison with customer representatives to ensure their needs are understood and met;
- Establishment and implementation of project controls for cost, schedule and performance tracking, including earned value management and risk management;
- Implementation of process improvements to improve project execution;
- Collaboration with engineering and supply chain management to provide oversight and Governance of the Design Subcontractor’s work;
- Evaluation of Subcontractor work proposals;
- Generation of costed proposals for new work scope including support for internal and external customer review;
- Accurate, timely and concise reporting to management and customer stakeholders.
- Liaison with other department including engineering contracts, supply chain, IT, finance & security
- Some travel may be required to customer and supplier locations.