We’re looking for an experienced Project Controls Manager who will lead a team of project controllers across bid management and project implementation for a key defence client. You’ll be responsible for providing actionable insights on schedule, cost and risk topics to project and senior management to ensure successful project delivery in line with end user requirements.
As a Project Controls Manager you will have an exciting and pivotal role in the successful delivery of most complex projects and programmes.Within this role, you will lead on the implementation and management of effective project controls measures relating to scope, cost, time, risk and quality. Utilising these measures, you will enable strategic performance analysis to be undertaken against the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB), highlighting variances, trends and insights needed to inform effective decision making.
Our client offers flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements, typically 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home or one of our hubs.
In this role, you will have the following key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Establish/maintain or adhere to the specific PC governance, processes and procedures across the project and in accordance with the related customer contract (where relevant).
- Establish the Performance Measurement Baseline position in terms of scope/cost/schedule and the ongoing governance control of these.
- Manage scheduling staff to develop, manage, revise, and analyse integrated project schedules including all phases of project execution, including contract partnerships and relevant sub-suppliers.
- Undertake, or manage project controls staff to provide, cost management/change management/risk & opportunity management and document management provision.
- Provide regular management reporting both internal and external to the project to provide relevant, accurate and reliable information on the status and forecast of the project to enable project and programme manager to make informed decisions and provide an accurate view of the project status.
- Interrogate subcontractor data related to project controls to inform the project PMB and monitor related delivery performance.
- Gather independent evidence to provide confidence that the project is likely to achieve the success criteria.
- Integration and alignment of project control toolsets, including where necessary across contract partnerships and relevant sub-suppliers.
- Deputise for the Project Manager as necessary.
- Establish a reliable and accurate Earned Value Management (EVM) system, and on-going generation and interrogation of earned value reports to enable reporting to be completed in accordance with the contract and the enable to project and/or programme manager to make informed decisions.
- Establish on-going and regular risk management process throughout the team, and risk reporting including schedule risk analysis in accordance with the contract
- Support Integrated Baseline Reviews (potentially with Customer stakeholders) as required to build confidence in the Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Develop and mentor staff to ensure succession planning is in place
- Maintain all key project control documentation and update as necessary
- Ensure effective configuration control is maintained at all times
- Provide weekly and monthly Project Progress and Metrics Reports as appropriate for the project
Hybrid role – On average two / three days a week in the clients office in Bristol and occasional visits to client sites.Candidates must be UK nationals and in possession of live, transferable SC clearance (i.e. in use in the last 12 months).