Principal Mechanical Engineer: Power and Propulsion systems, Auxiliary Systems and HVAC.
- Primary deliverables are substantiation reports/designs for installation solutions; this can include development/analysis and/or verification/validation of Power and Propulsion designs, development of Auxiliary Ship Systems and/or HVAC for existing and new build/concept designs.
- Preparation and production of substantiation reports for solutions during the entire design lifecycle phases (Concept, Basic, Functional, Detail, Manufacturing, Installation and Decommissioning), in line with recognised standards and to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
- Lead design teams and other stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including supporting design reviews, and act as Technical Authorities within their area of expertise.
- Develop innovative design solutions with robust engineering substantiation.
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of technical and production queries.
- Produce, approve and authorize technical reports and other documentation.
- Be aware of and ensure that, health, safety and environmental requirements are implemented.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quantity standards of outputs.
- Provide mentoring support to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their professional development.
Job Category: Engineering
Job Location: United Kingdom