Marine People are searching for a Weapons and Combat Systems Engineering Manager – on behalf of our client, a shipbuilder based in Victoria, BC, Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and lead a team of 12+ engineers and technologists supporting Submarine refit activities in a shipyard waterfront environment.
- Sequence and coordinate waterfront engineering support services for submarine refit work, including engineering repair specifications, integration of new capabilities, system testing and set-to-work.
- Assess, document, and communicate risks associated with a wide range of systems including: submarine weapon discharge systems, weapon handling systems, communication systems, navigation systems and submarine mission systems
- Be tasked to effectively communicate technical issues and recommendations to both internal and external customers
- Be responsive to Submarine Project Managers for dynamic program delivery requirements
- Be responsible for the occupational Health & Safety of all direct report
The ideal candidate brings:
- Graduated from a recognized institution with post-secondary education or completed an apprenticeship in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience operating or maintaining naval equipment
- 4+ years of proven leadership skills and experience managing technical teams is desirable
- Submarine systems knowledge and experience, including operations and maintenance (5+ years) is desirable
- Experience with submarine weapons handling and weapon discharge systems is an desirable
- Experience (5+ years) with naval combat systems and communications is an asset
- Submarine-specific operational experience or equivalent machinery technician qualifications in a senior capacity an asset
- Working knowledge of ITAR and security protocols
- Required eligibility for security clearance: NATO SECRET, CGP positively security assessed and ITAR positively assessed as required
- Proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, meaning that you must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Government of Canada with the final dose at least 14 days prior to your start date.
The client supports the safety and wellbeing of employees through the following programs:
- Contributions towards an employee’s physical and mental health
- Wellness days
- Supportive work life balance: flexible work schedule and competitive annual vacation time off
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Employer matching of employee retirement contribution
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Support of professional development and reimbursement of membership dues
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families