Marine People are searching for a Waterfront Engineering Commissioning Manager – on behalf of our client, a shipbuilder based in Victoria, BC, Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for the occupational Health & Safety of all direct reports
- Provide leadership, oversight and management for a team of ~20 engineers and technologists conducting platform and mission system testing and optimization.
- Assess, treat, document, and communicate risks associated with submarine platform and mission systems to both internal and external customers.
- Be responsive to Program Managers for dynamic program delivery requirements in a shipyard waterfront environment
- Be responsible to provide direct support to submarine operators and maintainers deployed in a variety of environments and operational scenarios
As our ideal candidate you have,
- Graduated from a recognized institution with post-secondary education or completed an apprenticeship in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven leadership skills and experience (10+ years) managing technical teams.
- Significant operational experience or equivalent equipment maintainer experience (10+ years) in the naval environment
- Significant submarine systems knowledge and experience including operations and maintenance (10+ years)
- Experience (5+ years) with naval mission systems and communications that is highly desirable.
- Experience (5+ years) with naval mechanical and electrical systems that is highly desirable.
- Experience with ISO Standard15288 and systems engineering life-cycle
- Familiarity with ASHRAE Guideline 0-2013 commissioning processes and system optimization
- Experience with functional and non-functional system inspection, demonstration and performance testing
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office suite
- Required security clearance: NATO SECRET, CGP positively security assessed and ITAR positively assessed as required.
Employee benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Company sponsored continuing education
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Reimbursement of annual professional membership dues
- Health and Wellness Program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Employer matching of employee retirement contributions
- Paid vacation that increases with years of service