Marine People have a brand new role as a Systems Design Engineer. This role is with out client, a leading defence and security organisation.
This role will provide the opportunity to undertake a broad array of activities to see delivery to a Royal Navy Platform, be part of the delivery team undertaking all aspects of system engineering and an opportunity to go on board Royal Navy ships to facilitate and oversea systems become operational
What are the key responsibilities and the overall purpose of the role?
- Prepare hardware specifications, develop hardware designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out hardware design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Carry out complex hardware analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of hardware options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Act as a point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
- Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids.
- Support Product Design Certification activities including Product Safety & Environmental matters.
- Undertaking general systems design activities for complex COTS based systems
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or equivalent working experience
- Chartered Engineer or willing to work towards
- Ability to work as part of a large team
- Ability to liase with stakeholders across domain
- A well motivated individual with a strong desire to succeed despite setbacks
Location(s): New Malden, Greater London or Broad Oak, Portsmouth.