We are currently seeking two (2) Supply Chain Directors that will be responsible for the execution of Supply Chain Strategy, and for the cost, quality, and delivery performance of the supply base at our client, a shipyard based in Halifax, NS, Canada.
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills:
- Mandatory to have 10 years of management and leadership experience in the naval shipbuilding industry, defence and/or aerospace industries with projects exceeding $500M
- Preferable to have Degree in a relevant discipline with professional accreditations or an MBA
- Excellent numeracy, business acumen, financial analysis and IT skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and diverse business
- Excellent communications skills
- Managing vision and purpose
- Drive for results
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Conflict management and consensus building
- Building effective teams
- Developing people
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Working with the members of Supply Chain function, provide leadership that ensures all Supply Chain strategy requirements are effectively executed.
- Develop and Lead the respective functional organization construct and hiring strategy.
- Provide input to the design and development of the supply chain, including supplier selection.
- Build relationships at Executive level with suppliers to ensure that problems, issues and improvement opportunities are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Continuously improve the capability of the organization, deploying and developing supply chain professionals to further the aims of the company and in compliance with the Business Management Model.
- Direct and manage the delivery of products and services to ISI from external suppliers.
- Continually assess supply chain risks and build appropriate mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Meet or Exceed the annual performance goals.