Marine People are searching for a Structural Designer to be a part of complex projects for our client, based in Adelaide, South Australia.
The Structural Designer will be required to:
- Undergo on-the-job training in France (Cherbourg)
- Become competent in the Naval Group Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tools.
- Adhere to export, security, ITAR and commercial requirements that apply to the design data
- Understand and apply Naval Group design and configuration management processes.
- Work in parallel with the Design Team in France within a collaborative environment.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior designers coming out of the Naval Group Traineeship.
Skills and attributes required:
- Displays an aptitude for creative thinking and problem-solving
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment, personal drive and application in achieving organisational outcomes and the ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to operate well in a team and to also work autonomously
- French language skills (desirable).
Education and experience:
- Diploma of Engineering – Technical (or equivalent) (essential).
- Strong years experience as a draftsperson (essential).
- Demonstrated drafting experience in defence, maritime, automotive or energy sectors.
- Knowledge of naval platforms and systems (desirable).
- Experience in production environment or trade background (desirable).