The Structural/ Outfit Designers and Engineers will be part of the team responsible for the creation of CAD Production Outputs along with other design deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to, as well as, support the appropriate areas of the product design cycle including installation technical support.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
- Primary responsibilities will be preparing & producing 2D Electrical marine drawing deliverables to required standards & within budget/schedule (create drawings, bill of materials, incorporating change, up-revision of drawings).
- Ability to utilise 3D models to generate 2D Production Output deliverables.
- Ability to utilise 3D models to generate additional deliverables (BoM/CADCAM data).
- Utilising appropriate technical standards and regulations to support development within the appropriate area of the Design Lifecycle (specifically PO’s).
- Perform self-verification of own work.
- Ability to identify errors and omissions that conflict with required specifications within source model and deliverables.
- Familiarity with shipbuilding/ship repair terminology and practices.
- Liaise with colleagues and various stakeholders during appropriate design phases to ensure coordination and functionality of design.
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries.
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
- Be aware of and ensure that safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
- The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent.