The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in delivering complex embedded
products in a commercial product development environment and have solid programming
experience in procedural or object-oriented languages, e.g. C, C#, C++ etc.
Whilst not required for the role, some on-water experience of small boats would be
considered advantageous as the role will involve taking part in sea-trials.
● Designing, coding, integrating, testing, debugging and documenting the software on the
embedded products we produce
● Maintaining effective configuration and quality control of the embedded code base
through peer code review and the use of appropriate configuration control tools
● Working with other engineers and the management team to gather and define product
requirements and specifications
Skills & Experience
● Experience in procedural or object-oriented languages such as C, C#, C++
● Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded systems, in
particular using RTOS’s on Arm Cortex-M processors (particularly STM32) and the
ESP32 family of microcontrollers.
● Experience with tools used to debug embedded software including: ICE, JTAG, logic
analysers and protocol analysers
● Knowledge of some or all of the following protocols and interfaces: CAN, NMEA, RS 485,
PWM, UART, SPI, I2C, I2S or USB
● Knowledge of power electronics, battery technologies, electrical drive systems, brushless
DC motors and their controllers, possibly gained from working in the Electric Vehicle
Hybrid working options