This is a varied and unique opportunity, to be part of a team working in an exciting and growing area of technology! Our client builds many of its surface vehicles onsite in Portchester. You will have the opportunity to work closely with production and will see your designs in action.
You would be working with the core design team to provide support for various engineering tasks.
This role will be suited to an individual with a high attention to detail and quality focus. There will be tight deadlines to deliver and so we are looking for an engineer who will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Summary of Duties:
- Design and general arrangement
- Hull form design
- Resistance and propulsion estimation and design
- Structural design including FEA
- Layup schedule
- Aluminium welding schedule
- Interface with the electrical, software and systems teams
- Manage requirements compliance
Mechanical and sub systems design management
- Propulsion and power generation systems
- Auxiliary systems
- Lifting systems
- Payload Launch and Recover Systems
Production drawings and bill of materials development management
- Interface with the production managers to ensure all design team output provides sufficient detail for production
- Visit the workshops on a regular basis to monitor progress and gain feedback on design team output
- Support sales opportunities with cost and resource estimations
- Solid knowledge of Solidworks
- Solid knowledge in designing and building small boats (up to 24m in length)
- Solid knowledge in designing and building marine systems (ideally for small boats)
- Solid knowledge in performing stability calculation, performance prediction, structural assessment
- Management of own time and capacity to deliver to tight deadlines, following strict project plans
- High attention to detail
- Experience with Confluence and Jira
- Good verbal presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in FEA in Solidworks Simulation or Strand7
- Knowledge and experience in CFD in Simerics or Openfoam
Dependent on experience.