Marine People are searching for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer – for our client, a shipyard based on Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
• Education Required: Trades Technology Certification or Engineering Technology Diploma
• Years of Experience Required: 10 Years experience in Shipbuilding / Marine construction
• Ability to interpret 3D Model Data and Engineering Drawings
• Background in preparing and / or checking Mechanical / Piping Production Drawings an asset
• Previous experience in a production environment – ie Field Engineering, Direct Supervision considered an asset
• Sound knowledge of Shipbuilding Practices
• Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
• Proficiency with 3D AutoCAD considered an asset
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Assist readily and be a team player within the CSC program Engineering environment
• Previous experience with 3D Modelling considered an asset
• Previous experience with Interim Product Development is preferred
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Review and update Standard Processes and Procedures
Review Vendor Furnish Information (VFI) in respect of manufacturing and installation
Contributing to the preparation of Detailed Build plans to guide planning and production.
Develop Assembly Hierarchy of Interim Products
Work closely with all disciplines and sub contractors in Manufacturing Engineering, to ensure producibility and best practices in Production
Working in PLM Database to perform MBOM Enhancement with production related attributes
Identify, manage, and mitigate risk items associated with CSC producibility
Proactive, daily communication across the business
Guide and mentor junior resources within Transition to Build Team
What you’ll get:
A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
RRSP matching program;
Health & Wellness reimbursements;
Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
Growth and progression opportunities
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.