Marine People are searching for a Senior HVAC Engineer on behalf of our client, based in Canberra, Australia.
The position requires the following high-level attributes:
- Strong knowledge of Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation, Chilled Water (CW), and other cooling water systems.
- Clear understanding of HVAC engineering process – from specification writing, requirement analysis and traceability through to system level design/interface, and requirements management.
- A strong understanding of the survivability aspects of naval ship mechanical systems
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to engage with senior stakeholders and decision authorities and explain complex positions and issues
- An ability to influence thinking and advocate for the Project team’s interests across multiple program stakeholders with divergent interests
- An ability to mentor and share experience and lessons with the project team membership to build mechanical engineering skills and abilities in the project team
- Professional Engineering Credential (in Mechanical or Marine Engineering or other applicable discipline) desired
- A positive, solutions-orientated attitude
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Assess and advise on key HVAC and cooling system technical risks in the Hunter Class design
- Support the review of technical deliverables from the project’s Head Contractor
- Review calculations applying HVAC engineering principles, techniques, procedures and criteria for naval ship designs
- Engagement with the combat system delivery participants to address provision of combat system cooling requirements, and establishment of the associated interfaces
- Assess and advise on suitability of system characteristics including performance, survivability and signatures implications
- Mentor and share experience and lessons with project team personnel to advance mechanical engineering skills and HVAC and cooling system knowledge within the project’s technical team