Marine People have a new role as a Senior Mechanical Engineer based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
The objectives of this role are:
- Technical – the majority of the following skills
- Perform engineering calculations using empirical formulae from Classification Regulations as well as from first principles.
- Perform HVAC calculations according to recognized marine standard criteria.
- Prepare mechanical/diagrammatic drawing packages for submission to Classification Societies.
- Prepare propulsion driveline / shafting arrangements including relevant analysis using recognized software.
- Have adequate knowledge of marine engineering and systems to ensure the functionality of the equipment required for a vessel.
- Develop technical drawings.
- Provide technical input to specifications and drawings.
- Perform engineering studies, technical evaluations and various analyses/studies.
- Report writing.
- Familiar with Classification Society Rules and Flag State Regulations.
- Be able to lead medium to large projects performing the joint role of project administrator and technical manager.
- Be cognizant of all aspects of the management of the project, including, but not limited to, the following: establishing realistic working budgets, deliverable deadlines, budget tracking & analysis, prioritize and coordinate project schedules.
- Assisting management in locating and securing permanent and temporary employees
- Assisting management in marketing activities both local and national/international
Representative tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of project schedules (budget, work plans, etc.)
- Project budget performance & technical quality
- Project QA/QC
- Monitoring individual project status (budget, work plans, etc.) and providing regular updates to the project manager.
- Assigning individual project tasks to project staff members.
- Selection of project consultants
- Management of project consultants
- Preparation of project specs and engineering documents
- Supervision of staff working on a project
- Project communications (regular project staff meetings)
- Resolves project related issues
- Client Technical Approval of invoices
- Supports the marketing efforts of the President as needed
- Supports the Proposal Coordinator in the preparation of individual Proposals
Job Category: Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa (Canada)