Marine People was created to help support an industry suffering from a desperate talent shortage and skills gap. Top specialist shipbuilding talent was, and still is, hard to come by. Since 2017, in partnership with IMarEST, we’ve been on a mission to find the best shipbuilding talent globally, giving our clients a competitive edge, and our candidates guidance and advice to find the right opportunities at the right companies. In that time, we have successfully placed candidates in major shipyards all over the world. Something that we’re entrusted to do for the largest shipbuilders globally.
What roles are available at Marine People?
Marine People have a dedicated team of recruitment consultants looking to find the best shipbuilding talent for our clients. We currently have opportunities for a Resource Specialist within the team and are happy to consider candidates from any industry.
What will the role look like on a day-to-day basis?
- Proactively sourcing and generating new candidates for opportunities.
- Providing excellent customer service for existing candidates to ensure their expectations are being met.
- Sourcing candidates through existing database, advertising, internet, business contacts and direct recruiting.
- Talking with candidates to evaluate their skills and understand their job preferences.
- Liaising with team-mates to fill active requirements
- Completing candidate interviews and obtaining all requested information.
- Preparing candidates for client interviews.
- Obtaining referrals from candidates to help develop a shipbuilding talent pool.
What we are looking for (No experience required)
- A professional and enthusiastic individual with a confident telephone manner
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- The desire to work within a company who is supportive and not KPI driven.