Planner is a front-line role which focuses on the creation of job packages and facilitating a timely delivery of materials for the production team. Key communicator of work to be flagged for the fixed week via direct contact with the production team and participation in production/project meetings. This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. The company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued. The company is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities.
- Recognized Diploma in technical discipline (Engineering, Engineering Technology/Technician or similar) or equivalent industry experience
- Trade Certificate, Red Seal is considered an asset
- Experience of planning or trade work experience, preferably in a naval shipbuilding or repair environment
- Experience interpreting trade related drawings
- Experience using Primavera P6, MS Excel, Aveva, or AutoCAD would be considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of naval repair methods considered an asset
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Utilize contract documentation and drawings to understand work scope, budget, and schedule
- Create quality job packs that provide the necessary info to facilitate an efficient execution of work
- Ensure activity breakdown, sequence logic, and trade resource budgets for a given scope of work is accurately represented in P6 and is consistent with the schedule WBS
- Report on issues with material stock levels which do not align with the planning schedule and communicate discrepancies/required actions to the Team Leader, Planning team, Project Manager, and Supply Chain Lead
- Provide trade specific support to the Planning and Production teams
- Maintain tracking spreadsheets to assist Production and the scheduling of work
What We Offer:
The company is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company and the larger network of companies;
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada