Your main responsibilities as a Naval Architect & Structures Engineer will involve:
- Applying a knowledge and providing technical advice on naval architecture, outfit, and structural issues.
- Understanding the condition of the Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers and providing options for rectification of defects.
- Working in collaboration with our customer, alliance partners and key supply chain original equipment manufacturers to resolve emergent defects and safety issues.
- Managing design changes through the design lifecycle from requirements capture and setting through to final inspection and acceptance at ship.
- Supporting the Lead Naval Architect in the collation and presentation of evidence to support ongoing Classification Society and Naval Authority Certification of the ships.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge and understanding of ship design and construction
- Degree or HND in Naval Architecture or other Engineering discipline
- Naval Architecture background
- Good CAD skills
What we are looking in from you:
You will be a skilled communicator, possessing a good level of diplomacy to enable successful interaction with a range of stakeholders who may have conflicting requirements. You also could understand and communicate technical issues, empathy of MoD and Military ethos, and able to interact productively with supplier organisations.