This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Trades Technology Certification or Engineering Technology Diploma
Years of Experience
- Required: 5 years of experience in a related position, 10 Years experience in Shipbuilding – New construction
- Ability to interpret 3D Model Data and Engineering Drawings
- Sound knowledge of Shipbuilding Practices
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficiency with 3D AutoCAD considered an asset
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Assist readily and be a team player within the Engineering environment
- Must have experience in Manufacturing Engineering or similar
- Previous experience with 3D Modelling an asset
- Previous experience with Interim Product Development is preferred
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Reporting to Transition to Build Manager, Lead role within Manufacturing Engineering Team.
- Develop Assembly Hierarchy of Interim Products
- Review and update Standard Processes and Procedures
- Guide and mentor junior resources within Team
- Coordinate Manufacturing Engineering resources within Transition to Build Team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in Production, Engineering and Data management
- Work closely with all disciplines, to ensure producibility and best practices in Production
- MBOM Enhancement with production related attributes
- Detailed Build plans to guide planning and production.
- Proactive, daily communication across the business