Develop and maintain Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning (EPCC) Project Master Schedule (PMS), from initiation at bid, proposals stage through to project close out. Provide internal and external stakeholders with high quality and accurate progress and performance information. Ability to effectively organise and manage any situation that has a potential impact on the planned execution of the PMS. Provide timely information for discussion and resolution and incorporate agreed resolutions into the PMS, ensuring continuous PMS, stakeholder alignment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and manage PMS in line with contract specification
- Implementation & utilisation of planning and scheduling processes, procedures and tools, for optimised project schedule performance.
- Review all relevant pre / post contractual documentation in support of project schedule development, execution and close-out
- Develop project schedule in company provided planning software
- Arrange and conduct periodic project schedule Integrated Planning Reviews (IPR’s), ensuring the highest quality and accuracy of project schedule current and forecast information
- Arrange and conduct periodic Schedule Risk Analysis workshops as part of achieving schedule integrity, accuracy and acceptance
- Produce periodic Schedule Risk Analysis Reports through project initiation to close-out
- Develop & Maintain Project Schedule Risk Register.
- Review and incorporate sub-contractor, 3rd party schedules and progress into the PMS
- Ensure project schedule / key stakeholder alignment throughout the life cycle of the project
- Develop and manage project schedule progress measurement system
- Manage project schedule change management, incorporating changes into the PMS, accurately reflecting current and forecast time and cost variations from PMS baseline
- Coordinate with planners the collection of project schedule activity ‘actual’ progress data and updates into the Project schedule
- Participate in the validation of project schedule activity progress
- Produce project schedule progress and productivity Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Provide planning and scheduling progress and performance information for incorporation into project progress reviews and reports
- Develop project schedule ‘what-if scenarios’ in support of demonstrating the impact of delays and changes to contracted programme
- Develop project schedule recovery plans as part of programme slippage mitigation
- Produce and submit project schedule delay analyses reports to Project Management Team (PMT) for review and any actions.
- Develop Project Schedule Recovery Plans in line with agreed revised project strategy.
- Carry out duties in a constructive & cohesive manner ensuring accuracy of project schedule inputs/outputs
- Assist in development of planning and scheduling process workflows and procedures in conjunction with Head of Planning (HoP)
- Support learning and development, training & mentoring plans, improving planner competency.
- Develop & maintain strong internal / external customer relations in support of schedule development & execution.
- Contribute in the preparation of Project Management Documentation.
- Project Master Scheduling
- Schedule Risk Analysis
- Schedule Delay Analysis
- Schedule Change Management
- Earned Value Management
- Schedule Progress Measurement
- Schedule / Stakeholder Alignment
- Progress and Performance Reporting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on own and within a team
- Advanced in Primavera P6 / MSP
- Proficient in Primavera Risk Analysis / Acumen Fuse
- Advanced in MS Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- Excellent knowledge of planning techniques / methodologies
- Knowledge & understanding of commercial /proposals / contracts management
- Excellent Knowledge and understanding of Engineering / Procurement cycle process
Education & Experience
- Minimum 15 years work experience in a construction / manufacturing / marine environment (shipbuilding would be desirable but relevant experience will be acceptable)
- 10+ years in planning
- Higher National qualification or above relevant to industry
- Ability to influence, build effective working relationships, mentor and coach planners
- Good interpersonal, organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Good negotiating skills, working with customers (both internal and external) to meet project objectives
Ethics, Compliance, Health, Safety and Environmental Responsibilities
Maintain high standards of Ethics and Compliance and comply with Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies and procedures.