Responsible for leadership of the commissioning activities for all vessels being built at our client.
Recruit a depute commissioning manager and train and support them to be capable of taking on the Commissioning Manager role on 802 as a minimum.
Planning and Strategy
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the Testing and Commissioning (T&C) Strategy for the business and each vessel.
- Responsible for continually reviewing the commissioning strategies; updating, revising and reporting on progress as necessary, to ensure the process meets the project requirements.
- Ownership and accountability of the T&C activities in the programme plan.
Design Development and Documentation
- Manage the production of test and commissioning documentation to support the full T&C programme.
- Support the design to ensure systems can be tested and commissioned.
- Identify and include test and commissioning requirements in supplier technical specifications.
- Liaise with equipment / system suppliers to ensure T&C requirements are incorporated in the vessel design.
- Support equipment Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s).
Test and Commission Execution
- Deliver the T&C element of the overall programme.
- To lead an integrated team for commissioning.
- To work with production on the handover of systems for commissioning.
- To develop, manage and agree the sea trials programme with the customer and internally.
- To work with the Client and third-party verification bodies to agree the acceptance strategy for each vessel.
- Ensure that the contract requirements for acceptance are reflected in the design, supplier contracts and the programme.
- To manage the acceptance process.
Departmental Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Responsible for the development of new T&C policies and procedures.
- Managing the approval process of new T&C policies and procedures.
- Managing the implementation of all T&C policies and procedures.
- Responsible for setting and ensuring adherence to departmental and programme KPI’s.
- Responsible for department budget.
- Responsible for allocating resource effectively and appropriately.
- Identifying resourcing shortfalls in recruitment and devising a business case for additional staff when required in line with Company procedures.
- Role of Interview Panel Member.
- Responsible for Line Manager and Department Induction of new employees.
Learning and Development
- Managing your own performance and development and taking responsibility for supporting the development of others.
- Establish and maintain the staffing structure of the Team. Assign work responsibilities, set expectations and provide performance feedback.
- Responsible for development of personal development plans for procurement employees.
REQUIRED BEHAVIOURS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Leading the business and managing change
- Service delivery
- Driving performance & standards
- Applying professional standards
- Analysing & judging
- Planning & organising
- Managing People
- Developing self & others
- Working together & valuing difference
- Effectively communicating & managing relationships
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant experience – 10 years in a marine or offshore commissioning environment
- Computer literate – commissioning management systems
- Be able to absorb and assess information quickly
- Effective communication and networking skills with social confidence, good team worker
- Logical reasoning with can do attitude
Third level qualifications in relevant field i.e. Marine Engineer’s ticket.