Marine People are searching for a Graduate Design Engineer for an industry leader and innovative supplier of bespoke heat exchangers within the UK market.
The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background and be a quick learner, to effectively advise customers on the best engineering solution for their project and design the heat exchangers to suit. Strong communication skills are also desired to be able to secure large projects once the design work has been completed.
The successful candidate will then identify, develop, and leverage existing business relationships with design consultants, contractors, and mechanical engineers within the industry to help secure more business within the industry.
The key responsibilities for the role will be:
● Designing an array of different types of heat exchanger for existing and new customers.
● Support the established sales team to promote our products on both a technical and commercial level.
● To promote a range of cooling products including DX Coolers, Chilled water coolers, Pumped ammonia coolers, Condensers, and dry air coolers.
● Liaising daily with customers to work on existing projects or exploring opportunities for new business.
● To help develop our products with our sales/technical team to give us advantages within the market and keep up to date with the changing of market specifications.
● To work closely with consultants at design stage to offer innovative solutions to be specified on chosen projects.
● To occasionally attend site to look at new projects or visiting customers offices (Few times per year.)
A good engineering background and strong communication skills will be a distinct advantage.
There would be a training programme put together for you, to ensure that you acquire the level of product and application knowledge necessary to be an effective and established member of the team.
- a) Basic salary of circa £20k per annum + Bonus depending on individual/company performance. Salary reviewable annually.
b) 20 days paid leave per year for the first four years, then an additional 1 day per year to equate to a maximum total of 25 days.
c) The option of participation (after a qualifying period of three months) in the Personal Pension Scheme. In this scheme the employer will match and contribute up to 4% of your basic salary provided that you, yourself, contribute at least the same amount.
d) Reimbursement of all reasonable business expenditure based on receipts and properly completed expense forms.