The purpose of an Estimator is to provide accurate and timely cost estimates for proposed projects or contracts in order to assist with the decision-making process. The Estimator must consider all relevant factors, including materials, labour and processes, in order to present a detailed and accurate cost estimate.
This role may also involve conducting site visits and liaising with various stakeholders in order to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the cost estimate. The Estimator must also be able to provide advice and guidance on cost-saving measures and alternative solutions.
- Responsible for providing accurate cost estimates for construction projects and products
- Use your knowledge of construction materials, labour costs and engineering principles to calculate the overall cost of a project
- To be able to read and understand plans and specifications and able to work with contractors and other professionals to ensure that estimates are accurate.
- Estimators must have extensive knowledge of construction materials and processes, as well as a good understanding of construction laws and regulations.
- to analyse and interpret data to develop cost estimates, and must be proficient in using computer software to create and manage estimates
- Estimators must also be able to communicate effectively with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure project success
- Develop cost estimates and work estimates for projects
- Prepare tender documents and analyse bids
- Provide technical advice to clients
- Conduct site visits and review project progress
- Liaise with project teams to ensure accuracy of estimates
- Relevant estimating experience in a Marine, Engineering etc environment
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- You will be able to demonstrate responsibility, integrity and efficiency
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and CRM databases
- Competitive base pay
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday
- Early finish on Fridays
- Opportunity to work on exciting, innovative projects